Keeping It Hygge With A Floor Lamp

A friend recently introduced me to Hygge (pronounced hue- guh), a Danish word meaning being present in a special moment. It involves the little things you do to make you feel cosy,  and enliven your spirits.  In as much as I wouldn't be adopting a new lifestyle, I noticed that there were bits that  i could incorporate into my daily activities, a sort of escapism from all the busyness.
For me its going to be a kind of mindfulness, of calm, of candles, of home spas and of movie nights with the family.
Okay so  what has mindfulness  got to do with this post? Well, I wanted to create  a space in my home where anyone could relax to read a book, watch a movie, or just take a short nap, I intended it to be a calm and peaceful area with soft throws, cushions and subtle colours.
As i always say, you dont need to break the bank to make changes in the home, so my frugal self revamped an old floor lamp to help me achieve the look I was going for. I literally put two coats of gold spray paint on my old lamp and  then changed the shade to something modern that also matched the cushion.
Hopefully,  you find this post inspirational,  either to try Hygge or to do simple DIYS that can brighten up your home this spring.
Please do well to check my DIY Reed Diffuser post. Also if you're not following me on instagram kindly do so HERE.







Smooches,Mariànne 

Labels: , , ,